Vietnam e-Visa or Electronic Visa has been introduced by Vietnam Immigration Department to promote the Vietnam tourism industry. The website http://www.e-visa.vn now serves as a service for tourists to apply Vietnam Visa online.
With e-Visa, you do not have to visit the Vietnam Embassy to apply your Visa. No submission of passport and documents is required during the application process. e-Visa Application process is completely done via the online platform.
Is e-Visa legitimate?
Yes, e-Visa is approved and controlled by the Vietnam Immigration Department (Ministry of Public Security of Vietnam)
At present, there are 4 international airports in Vietnam which accept Visa on Arrival. Thus, people who come to Vietnam by air to one of 4 international airports can pick up Vietnam Visa stamp there.
1. International Tan Son Nhat airport in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon).
Ho Chi Minh City is also called Saigon. The city is located in the southern part of Vietnam. It is very popular with its market Ben Thanh, Cu Chi tunnels, the Military Museum and the mangrove forest Can Gio. Vietnam Visa on arrival is available for tourists or business man who wish to obtain Vietnam visa upon arrival at Tan Son Nhat airport if they have a approval letter.
2. International airport Noi Bai in Hanoi.
Hanoi is the capital city of Vietnam. Hanoi is located in northern Vietnam. The city is famous for its 36 streets, lakes and many ancient tourist attractions. Vietnam Visa on arrival is available for tourists or business man who wish to obtain Vietnam visa upon arrival at Noi Bai airport if they have a approval letter.
3. Da Nang international airport in Da Nang city.
Da Nang City is one of the largest cities in Vietnam. The city is located in the central part of the country. Da Nang is famous Champa Museum, Marble Mountains and beaches. Visa on arrival is available for tourists wanting to obtain visas upon arrival at Da Nang airport if they have a letter of approval.
4. Cam Ranh International Airport in the city of Nha Trang.
The city is located in central Vietnam. Nha trang is known for its pier, beaches and tranquil islands. Visa on arrival is available for tourists wanting to obtain visas upon arrival at this airport if they have a letter of approval.
Complete the online e-Visa Application. The visa application form online must be correctly full-filled. All information on the form must match passport data. Passport must valid at least six months prior entry date to Vietnam.
Step 2: Make Payment
Make payment for visa fee online. We accept major credit cards & PayPal. There are 2 kinds of fee involved to your visa with us. Service fee pay for us to take care your visa application & Government official fee.
Step 3: Download
Receive Visa Approval Letter (Official) by email within 24 hours.
Step 4: Pick up visa on arrival
Welcome to Vietnam & pick up visa checking points on entry Vietnam.
– Currently e-VISA Vietnam valid only for those wanting to visit Vietnam by air via Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh city | Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi city | Da Nang International Airport in Da Nang city | Cam Ranh International Airport in Nha Trang city
– Please, note that validity of your travel document/passport should valid at least for six months after the validity of requested Vietnam visa.
– Attention! The information provided by you will be checked at the border crossing points of Vietnam. If you provide incorrect information your e-Visa will be invalid and you will be refused to enter Vietnam.
– In case of dual citizenship, please, choose the country according to the travel document/passport which you will be using for traveling to Vietnam.
– Please, note that you are eligible for the e-Visa only if you hold one of the travel documents/passports listed in the appropriate section.
– Some countries are exempt from visas under unilateral or bilateral agreements with Vietnam, kindly check the exempted countries list in advance before submitting a visa request.
There are 2 options to get a visa for entry Vietnam
Get visa at the office of Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam).
Generally, Vietnam Embassy or Consulate will request you to submit the following documents to process Vietnam Visa for you:
– Original passport (Valid at least 6 months)
– Application form (available on the website of office of embassy)
– 2 passport-sized photos
– Visa fee processing (the fee is not the same between embassies)
– Processing time to complete a Vietnam visa application: 5-7 days.
Apply Visa Online (e-VISA Vietnam) then collect visa upon entry Vietnam
Instead of applying visa at embassies of Vietnam, the Immigration Department of Vietnam has launched e-VISA or visa on arrival, which enables you to apply for a visa online via a travel company in Vietnam.
All Foreign Visitors are now able to obtain the Vietnam visa online (e-VISA) or upon arrival at the international airport. It is no longer necessary to get the visa stamp at the Vietnamese Embassy before your visit.